Caisleán Óir, Childcare and Afterschool
Glinsk Community Childcare Centre.
Job Advertisement: Crèche Business Manager
We are seeking a dynamic and motivated individual to join our team as the Crèche Business Manager at Caisleán Óir, Glinsk, Co. Galway. As the Crèche Business Manager, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the efficient running of the crèche on a day-to-day basis and safeguarding the continued sustainability of the business.
- Overseeing the welfare and development of children accessing the service, ensuring a safe and stimulating environment.
- Working closely with the children, staff, and parents to provide a child-centered approach to
learning and development.
- Managing the crèche team effectively, providing guidance and supervision, and fostering a
fair and caring environment.
- Ensuring compliance with Children First Guidelines and all relevant regulations and curricula.
- Developing and implementing business, financial, and administrative strategies, including
financial forecasting and cashflow management.
- Representing the service during inspections by relevant authorities.
- Building positive relationships with parents, guardians, and the wider community.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- FETAC Level 6+ in Management.
- Minimum FETAC Level 5 in Childcare/Social Care related discipline, FETAC Level 6+ desirable.
- Experience in managing staff and motivating teams.
- Knowledge of Pre-school Regulations 2006 and Child Protection.
- Administrative and budget management skills.
- Excellent communication and team-player skills.
- Strong leadership, organizational, and time management skills.
- Desirable Skills and Qualifications:
- Current First Aid and Fire Safety Certificates.
- IT skills, particularly MS Excel.
- Knowledge of Employment Laws.
- Full clean driver’s license.
- Employment Details:
Full-time contract (subject to funding) 35 hrs per week
Salary: €38,402.25-€42,060.24 (currently under review) depending on qualifications & experience
Annual leave of 20-25 days (some fixed in line with service closure, e.g., Christmas).
Willingness to attend out-of-hours meetings as required.
Caisleán Óir is an equal opportunities employer
If you are a passionate individual with a commitment to child development and business management, and you meet the above requirements, we encourage you to apply.
To apply, please submit your updated CV and a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and suitability for the role (full job description on request) email@example.com. The closing date for applications is 5 p.m. 28th Aug 2023 , Interviews commencing 1st September 2023 Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Canvasing will disqualify.
Join our team and make a positive impact on the lives of children in our community!
Glinsk Childcare Committee
1st Aug 2023